Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Welcome......

I am pleased and excited to present this adventure to you.
I have high hopes and excessively high expectations of my own abilities in regard to restoring the van.
VW's have been a part of my life on and off over the years, so this one was no real surprise. A project like this has been on my mind for some time, and now it is a reality. There will certainly be a fair share of challenges along the way, working without a shed for one. This means any real progress will be subject to the weather, rain, hail and hot hot Adelaide sun. It will also be seriously governed by the surf conditions, and where my loyalty lay on any given day. All sort of normal variables I suppose.

This van came home around August or September 2011, so there is a little bit of catching up to do here. He arrived on the back of a truck and was pushed and shoved until he sat in his current spot at the end of the driveway.

First Day
There he sat while exams loomed and passed. Work was to begin at the beginning of summer, but festivities, time away and beach days seem to get priority. As the next year of study commitments comes close, I have had a burst of energy and enthusiasm. The van is finally getting the attention he deserves.

In following posts I shall post pictures of the progress so far, the challenges his age and condition presents, the highs and lows, the successes and the failures. Hopefully you will find it entertaining and informative.

No comments:

Post a Comment