Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day of the VW 2012 SA

Spent a few hours wandering among the finest VW's to be found in South Australia today at the Day of the VW held at Modbury. The pictures (best quality from a smart phone) say it all........













There was much more than Kombi's to see............ This is only a sample of the splender on offer.








Three fine Ghia's entered in the show, and I spotted two more good ones out in the carpark as well. My mind kept ticking over, wishing that I had more time today and had driven my own ghia down and settled in for the day. Maybe next year.... I seem to remember thinking similar things when I took a trip to Port Adelaide a little while ago, to see the VW show there.
Some of the cars from Port Adelaide were noticably missing. I had expected to see a nice white Ghia fitted with a Porshe motor, but it was a no show. All the same, a great day, a great show, and all praise to those who take the time to organise these events. It helps keep VW heads alive and ticking with inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment